Personal data are individual details about personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as, for example, your real name, address, phone number and date of birth (if applicable). The definitions of the terms used in this privacy statement (eg “personal data” or “processing”) can also be found in Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Name and contact details of the person responsible
Tentacle Sync GmbH
Eifel Wall 30
Responsible person for data processing:
Tentacle Sync GmbH
The data protection officer
Eifel Wall 30
1. Collection and storage of personal data, nature and purpose of their use
a) by visiting the website
When you visit our website www.tentaclesync.com, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access takes place (Referrer -URL)
- Used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as
the name of your access provider
These data are stored anonymously in accordance with the Telemedia Act (TMG). The creation of personal user profiles is thus excluded. The data will be deleted or anonymized after the connection has ended.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- For further administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
b) Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called web fonts for the unified representation of fonts, which are provided by the company Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheater Parkway , Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). When you call up a page on our website, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you use must connect to Google’s servers. As a result, Google learns that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a consistent and attractive presentation of our online services. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a default font will be used by your computer.
c) Use of our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via our contact form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address and your first and last name, so that we know from whom the request came from and to answer it. Furthermore, you will need to enter a category, your country and the query topic in our contact form, so that we can classify and answer your request in the correct language as well as quickly and reliably. We provide these informations also as mandatory fields concerning to the fact that our customers are mostly professionals who are dependent on an immediate response to support questions by us for the professional use of our products.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily granted consent by using the contact form. You can revoke this consent at any time. For this, send an informal message via e-mail to email@example.com . The legality of the data processing operations carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted by us after completion of the request you have made.
d) E-mail contact
If you contact us by email, we will store your details for processing the request as well as in case connecting questions arise. We store and use other personal data only if you consent to it or if this is permitted by law without special consent.
2. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- You have given express consent to this, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR
- The transmission pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1. lit f GDPR is required to
assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you
have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data
- In the event that the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit c GDPR is a legal
- It is permitted by law and, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1. lit b GDPR, it is required for the
settlement of contractual relationships with you
The cookies store informations each resulting from the connection of the specific used device. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again, your device automatically recognizes that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made in order not to have to re-enter them.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. To disable cookies completely may mean that you can not use all features of our website.
4. Google Analytics
The analytics service Google Analytics is used pursuant to Art. 6 para.1 lit f GDPR. With the tracking measures we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measure to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned rule.
For the purpose of designing and continuously optimizing our websites we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (google.com/intl/en/about), 1600 Amphitheater, Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; in the following “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 3) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type / version
- Used operating system
- Referrer -URL (the previously visited page)
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- Time of server request
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailor-made website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data by executing their orders. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by accordingly setting your browser software; however, we point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully exploited.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
6. Social Media, Youtube and Vimeo links
On our website we rely links to the social networks Facebook and Twitter as well as to the websites Youtube and Vimeo on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, in order to make our enterprise more well-known here. The underlying commercial purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. The Responsibility for the operation compliant with data protection is to be guaranteed by their respective providers. By clicking on the corresponding link you will be forwarded on the offer of Facebook or Twitter, Youtube or Vimeo.
Our website uses plugins from the Google-powered YouTube page. Operator of the Website is the company “YouTube”, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
By visiting one of our YouTube plug-in-enabled sites, you will be connected to the servers of YouTube. This action will tell the YouTube server which of our pages you’ve visited.
If you’re logged into your YouTube account, YouTube will allow you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
The use of YouTube happens according tho the interest of an attractive presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
8. Collection and handling of personal data in the context of the customer account
We offer our customers the possibility to use our personal form on our webshop to place orders for the products we offer and to use certain services in connection with the ordered products. Before the first use, you must register onetime. For this registration we need to get the following informations from you:
- First name Last Name
- E-mail address
For the processing of orders in the online shop, we require additional information from you:
- Billing address (if applicable company and adress, street, house number, zip code, city, country)
- Delivery address (salutation, first name, last name, if applicable company and additional address, street, house number, zip code, city, country, mobile phone number)
- Payment data (PayPal data, bank details)
- Telephone number.
Data that you submit to us during registration and when placing orders in the online shop are used for the following purposes:
- Provision of the customer account
- Making your customer profile available on our website
- Use of the online shop at shop.tentaclesync.com
- Product deliveries
- Payment processing
- Queries related to your customer account and / or placed orders
- Information about changes to the terms and conditions or privacy notices
- Internal statistical market research
- Sending the newsletter, if expressly ordered
The functionality of the shop.tentaclesync.com offer may be restricted if you refrain from providing further, voluntary personal data. You can change or delete your profile at any time within the customer account. The data will be automatically removed from our system. To make the transfer of data, make sure they are using a secure SSL – transmitted connection.
9. Payment provider “PayPal”
On our website we offer the payment via PayPal. The Provider of the payment service is PayPal (Europe) S.à.rl. et Cie, SCA, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (hereinafter called “PayPal”).
If you choose to pay via PayPal, the payment details you enter will be sent to PayPal.
The transfer of data to PayPal is made on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR (consent) and Art. 6, para. 1 lit. b GDPR (processing to fulfill a contract). You have the option to revoke your consent to data processing at any time. Revocation does not affect the effectiveness of historical data processing operations.
10. Logistics company UPS
Your order will be shipped through a service provider, the company UPS, 55 Glenlake Parkway, NE Atlanta, GA 30328, USA. This service provider will receive information from us, such as your name and address, as well as your e-mail address and phone number specified in the order, in order to arrange an individual delivery date with you if necessary. The transfer of your data takes place pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1, lit b and f GDPR, and represents a protected interest.
11. Disclosure of data to other third parties
Finally, we will share your data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1, lit c and f GDPR with third parties or government agencies, if we are legally obliged to do so eg. due to official or court orders or if we are entitled to do so, eg. because this is necessary for prosecuting crimes or for exercising and enforcing our rights and claims.
12. Newsletter, MailChimp
As an additional service we offer you our newsletter. We use the provider “MailChimp” to send the newsletter. MailChimp is a service of The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318 (“Rocket”). Rocket has signed the so-called”Safe Harbor Agreement” on July 22, 2008, which is a privacy agreement between the European Union and the United States.
For more information about privacy at MailChimp, visit: mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
The consent to the sending of the e-mail address submitted on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, Art. 7 GDPR as well as § 7 Abs. 2 Nr. 3, and Abs. 3 UWG. The use of MailChimp, the implementation of statistical surveys and analyzes and logging of the registration process, are based on our legitimate interests in accordance with. Art. 6 para. 1. lit f GDPR.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of the data as well as their use to send the newsletter at any time. You can exercise your cancellation at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the link provided for each newsletter. Alternatively you can – providing your e-mail address – unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter directly at MailChimp: tentaclesync.us11.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=0ddf43297f4819d4a9d827bf2&id=fc4d7c1b5d
13. Affected rights
You have the right:
- In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of the right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the correction of incorrect or completed personal data stored by us immediately;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, or you need this to assert, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- Pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, you can revoke your once given consent at any time to us. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- According to Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarter.
14. Revocation and objection rights
If your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit f DSGVO are processed, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com .
15. Data security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we’ll use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our Internet presence is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
16. Actuality and change of this data protection explanation