Tentacle Sync Hardware
Tentacles are basically timecode generators completely stripped-down to what you really need: They are accurate, small, lightweight, smart and easy to use devices. The versatile timecode output of Tentacle will allow you to connect Tentacles to nearly every kind of camera or recorder. From a DSLR to an ARRI Alexa, Tentacle works with them. Once connected, you can leave Tentacles on your equipment for the whole day because Tentacles stay frame-accurate for 24 hours and the built-in battery lasts for up to 40 hours.
- Super small (34 x 50 x 16 mm) and lightweight (30 g / 1 oz)
- Frame rate and TC output level setup via software (OSX, Windows, iOS, Android)
- DSLR-ready: Switchable mic/line output + build-in microphone for reference sound
- Generates all SMPTE timecode rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 29.97DF and 30 FPS
- Compatible with all professional equipment: Uses LTC timecode according to SMPTE-12M standard
- High precision TCXO: Inaccuracy less than 1 frame in 24 hours, Temperature range -30°C to +85°C
- Can act as master clock (Green Mode) or jam-sync to any external timecode source (Red Mode)
- Built-in rechargeable lithium polymer battery, lasts for up to 40 hrs, fast charging via USB (1.5 hrs)
- More than 3 years of battery life (depends on usage); Battery will be replaceable
- Integrated hook surface on back for easy mounting
- Designed and made with love in Cologne
Tentacle Sync Software for OS X
Syncing, viewing and exporting dailies prepares your material for editing. Our Tentacle Sync software does all that for you within a glimpse.
Just throw your clips in and that’s it. Tentacle Sync automatically synchronizes video and audio and allows you to read and analyze all kind of timecodes including audio timecode. The software enables you to sync, view and export dailies immediately. This means that you can view and control your synced material directly after shooting with almost no effort!
The Tentacle Sync Software (min. OS X 10.9) can be downloaded for free on our website. The Tentacle unit acts as a dongle to unlock the export features.
- 1x Tentacle Device
- 1x TRS Cable (Tentacle to Tentacle) for syncing or connecting to Cameras with TRS input like 5D, BMPCC, GH4 …
- 1x Android Setup Cable (OTG USB Adapter)
- 1x iPhone Setup Cable
- 1x Micro-USB Cable for charging and setup
- 10x Hook-Tape strips for mounting Tentacle to your device
- 5x colored rubber bands
- 1x Quickstart Guide
*Design of the Tentacle Sync housing by Frederik Brückner (Tentacle Logo designed by labor b)